Operating a building efficiently, yet cost effectively is challenging. In large and small buildings there’s plenty to worry about without having to expend precious (and costly) human resources manually monitoring areas in the building that could be monitored by sensors.
Monnit has developed a wireless sensor solution for building managers who need to know instantly when a problem starts. For example:
- Place water sensors in HVAC closets at complexes with more than a ground floor. Know about water heater/boiler leaks before it damages floors below, ruining dry wall, linoleum, carpets/padding, and reducing short circuit risks.
- Avoid frozen pipes by using a temperature sensor to notify you before damage occurs – especially in less used areas of the building.
- Use local light sensors to monitor light output in parking lots, underground garages, path and walkways, eliminating hazards that can lead to costly litigation.
- Use motion and open/close sensors to notify of unwanted access to the facility, or specific floors/areas/rooms.
- Monitor temperature in power transformer rooms. Know if temperatures exceed pre-set levels, saving the transformer before it overheats.
As a building manager, knowing instantly if there is a water leak or excessive temperature could mean the difference between a quick fix and clean-up or a costly repair or replacement. Using wireless sensor technology allows you to respond immediately to any incident, especially in areas not frequented daily by maintenance personnel.
Most buildings have at least a building manager, or a staff of maintenance engineers to walk the premesis, visually checking and rechecking building structure, plumbing, electrical, lights, etc., looking for problems before they start; the thought process being that someone will catch a problem before it grows into an expensive repair.
A more efficient and cost effective way to manage operations is through remote monitoring with wireless sensors and Monnit’s online service. Know immediately when something goes wrong and dispatch a tech to repair. Repurpose your building manager or staff for more productive tasks.
Monnit’s wireless sensor kits are ready to go out of the box – anyone can install the sensor network; no technical experience necessary. Simply pull the sensors out of the box, place in the desired location and turn them on. (Click here for more detail on how the Monnit Wireless Sensor System works.)
View Available Sensors
Monnit makes it easy for you to get started. View our available wireless sensor products.