We have made some recent enhancements to the sensor notification setup process within the iMonnit online software. The following tech tip will help you understand the changes and learn how to setup notifications for your wireless sensors.
Note: If you recently had "inactivity alerts" set for sensors on your network, the new changes require that you set a user to receive all inactivity notifications.
Automated notifications can be set up to alert you via SMS text or email if a wireless sensor meets a set threshold or condition. To create a new notification or view/edit/delete an existing notification, click on the "Notifications" link in the main menu area of the site.
The Notification List Window:
The "Notification List Window" allows you to see all existing notifications for your account.
- Clicking on "Create new notification" or the "Plus Icon" will create a new notification.
- Clicking on the "Envelope Icon" to the left of a notification enables or disables the notification.
- Clicking on the alert name allows you to view, edit or delete the notification.
- Clicking on the "Pencil Icon" to the right of a notification allows you to edit the notification.
Creating a New Notification:
After clicking on "Create new notification" or the "Plus Icon" in the notification list window, you will need to determine the type of notification you would like to create.
- Name the notification by typing on the "Title" box.
- Choose the class of notification:
• Application (assigns notification to sensor types (ie. temperature, humidity etc.).
• Inactivity (creates a notification to let you know when sensors do not check in).
• Low Battery (creates a notification to alert when a sensors battery needs to be replaced).
• Advanced (notifications such as sensors coming back online or returning from aware states).
- Click the "Create" button to create the notification.
People to Notify:
After clicking on the "Create" or "Edit" buttons you come the notification settings window. The first section allows you to choose who should be contacted with the current notification.
- Start typing a contacts name in the box and the system will automatically bring up account users.
- Select the user from the pop-up list.
- Choose the type of notification (Email or SMS Text) from the drop-down list next to the user.
- Click "Add Recipient" or the "Add Icon" to add the user to the notification.
The notification parameters section allows you to set the specific information that will cause the notification to be sent.
- Fill in the appropriate information for the type of notification you are creating.
• "Notification Text" is the message that will be sent via email or SMS.
• "Notify when..." allows you to set the parameters that will trigger the notification.
• "Alert Between" allows you to make the notification active during set times.
• "Notify again after" sets the time frame between notifications being sent.
• "Notification is active" allows you to enable or disable the notification.
The assigned devices section allows you to set which devices on the account should use the notification being created.
- Click on "Assign notification to device(s)".
- Click the checkbox in front of all sensors to assign to the notification.
- Click "Save All".
Save the Notification:
- Click on the "Save" Button at the bottom of the window to save your notification settings.