What Can You Discover With Monnit Wireless Sensors?
While using Monnit wireless sensors, you may discover new information about your facility or home that you didn't know before.
Real World Applications:
We were recently contacted by a company that is using our Monnit Wireless Sensors to monitor areas of a building that are not in use. The sensors were purchased to be used as an alerting system to let building maintenance personnel know if the heating system fails, helping them avoid plumbing issues from frozen pipes. When the company looked at the data coming from the sensors, they realized that their control system was setup incorrectly and that the building was heating at night when not needed.
This company began to wonder if there were other areas of their facility that may not be operating as they believed and now use Monnit Wireless Temperature Sensors to monitor areas such as IT servers, office space and storage areas to optimize temperatures for cost savings. They also use Monnit Wireless Light Sensors after realizing they had issues with lights being left on continually in unoccupied areas. Using Monnit Wireless Sensors around their facility has lead to substantial operating cost savings.
Where Can You Use Wireless Sensors?
Here are a few ways Monnit customers are currently using Monnit Wireless Sensors.
- Boiler temperature monitoring to detect boiler failures or excessive heating.
- Warehouse temperature monitoring to avoid frozen fire suppression systems.
- Monitor vacant commercial property temperatures to avoid frozen pipes.
- Summer/winter (vacation) property monitoring for frozen pipes or excessive heat.
- HVAC system monitoring to detect failures or heating / cooling issues.
- Monitor temperature of K9 units (dog collar's and kennel).
- Art gallery and museum temperature monitoring.
- Art gallery and museum humidity monitoring.
- Art gallery and museum light metering.
- Heat remediation of bed bugs (extermination).
- Freezer and cooler temperature monitoring to detect failure and prevent food spoilage.
- Server room temperature monitoring.
- Cadaver storage cooler temperature monitoring.
- Greenhouse temperature and humidity monitoring.
- Hotel, motel and resort water heater leak detection.
- Residential and commercial water heater leak detection.
- Sink and toilet leak detection.
- Frozen or burst water pipe monitoring.
- Reservoir level monitoring.
- Sump and well monitoring.
- Basement water monitoring.
- Boat bilge pump monitoring.
- Commercial property "lights left on" electricity management.
- Residential property "lights left on"electricity management.
- Greenhouse solar and light level tracking.
- Commercial property door and window access.
- Residential property door and window access.
- Bank owned foreclosure properties access monitoring.
- Restricted area monitoring.
- Shipping cargo bay door monitoring.
- Garage door monitoring.
- Asset tracking and monitoring.
- Location tracking of school buses.
- Fleet vehicle management and tracking.
- Machinery and motor RPM tracking.
- Production line position tracking.
- Barn door access monitoring.
- Pharmaceutical refrigerator temperature tracking and monitoring.
- Restaurant freezer / cooler temperature monitoring.
- Freezer / cooler doors left open.
- Convenience store cooler doors (to determine if they are not closed all the way).
- Forklift seat switches.
- Motor and machinery monitoring to determine how often a machine is in use.
- Environmental monitoring.
- Humidor monitoring.
- Customer service request button.
- Hotel / motel front desk call button.
- Bathroom needs cleaning (service call button).
Want to share how you use Monnit Wireless Sensors? Email us at email@example.com