Manually Installing the USB Driver
USB, Driver, Installation, USB Gateway
When trying to install the USB Gateway for the first time, some versions of Windows won’t install the correct driver for the Gateway. If this happens, you will need to manually install the USB Driver from an alternate location. Before starting, remove the gateway from the USB drive.
To download the alternate installation files:
- Open a browser and go to: http://downloads.imonnit.com/.
- Below "Current Drivers Windows Vista, 7, 8" click the second link “OEM USB Driver v22.214.171.124”
- Save the zip file to your desktop:
a. In Internet Explorer, click “Save as”
b. In Firefox and Google Chrome, right click the link and then choose “Save Link as…”
- When the save is complete, go to your desktop, right click on the zip file and choose “Extract All…”
- In the “Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders” pop up window, check that the address which appears for the save is “C:\Users\’UserName’\Desktop\USB_Driver” as shown below. If it is, click the “Extract” button to save the files to your desktop.
- If the file save address is not listed as above, click “Browse…” and choose the “Desktop” option at the top of the list in the “Select a destination” pop up. Click “Extract”
- With the zip file extracted to your desktop, insert the USB Gateway into the USB port. The installation process will fail again, this is fine.
- After the usb gateway fails to obtain a driver, open “Device Manager “ on your computer, per Microsoft help instructions
a. "Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation (Microsoft, 2014).”
- Find the Device in the list and click the arrow just to the left of the device name.
- The driver should have a yellow question mark or exclamation point on it indicating the driver was not found. Right click on the driver and click “Update Driver Software”.
- When the Update Driver Software pop up appears, click “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- On the next page, click “Browse”. From the list which appears, click the Unzipped USB_Driver folder that is now listed under “Desktop”. Click “OK” at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Next” and the driver will then install for you.