Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

In recent news, a guest at a hotel in Portland, Maine was attacked by the “Silent Killer.” The silent killer has been identified as carbon monoxide, which came from a broken furnace in the hotel. Due to carbon monoxide being an odorless, colorless, tasteless, poisonous gas, it makes it undetectable by human senses. It is common that people do not realize they are under attack from carbon monoxide, which has detrimental health effects. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention claims that more than 400 people die in the U.S. from CO poisoning each year, and over 20,000 people suffer illness or become injured.

Last year an elementary school in Illinois was evacuated after more than 70 students and staff became sick from carbon monoxide in the building. Recently, in Pennsylvania, no one realized the diesel generator on top of the school was spewing exhaust into the ventilation system affecting everyone inside. Those are just two schools, and right now there is no way of knowing how many other schools, offices or hotels are being polluted with carbon monoxide. What are you doing to protect the people in your building? 

Owners of hotels, commercial properties, residential properties, and public schools are at risk when it comes to this Silent Killer. Monnit provides an enormous opportunity to protect your customers and employees with a Carbon Monoxide Wireless Sensor.  With Monnit’s affordable remote monitoring system in place, you will be able to keep track of the CO levels in your buildings. Monnit’s sensors are small and low profile, so they can fit anywhere, allowing you to get the most accurate reading. Receive alerts via text, voice, email, or through a local display if the CO levels exceed a safe threshold. The Monnit Remote Monitoring System is the most intuitive, reliable, and cost-effective solution on the market. For more information on our solutions for building monitoring, visit our website.

Learn more about Monnit Wireless Carbon Monoxide Sensors »

Learn more about Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Treatment

Read the full article, Man overcome by carbon monoxide at South Portland hotel