SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH – April 26, 2019 – Monnit Corporation today announced the availability of wireless temperature sensors which are certified by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) for an industry-leading 25 months. Previously, the longest certification available for Monnit products was 13 months.
Each sensor is sent to a licensed metrology lab and is provided with a Traceable Calibration Certification that meets the requirements and complies with ISO 17025 and ISO 9000 standards. The Traceable Certificate indicates that the product is traceable to standards provided NIST, a U.S. Government agency within the Commerce Department. When the certification has expired, customers may submit their sensors to Monnit for re-certification.
“We have been working toward this new certificate duration for several years and are excited about how it will help the many businesses using Monnit products to track temperatures and ensure regulatory compliance,” said Brad Walters, Monnit CEO. “Monnit provides set-it-and-forget-it solutions; now that the certification period is doubled, companies have more time to focus on business with fewer interruptions.”
Monnit NIST certificates include all of the information to meet today’s stringent accreditation demands, government specifications and ISO 9000 requirements. This information includes serial number, certificate number, model number, calibration test equipment, equipment serial number, equipment calibration due date, unit accuracy, uncertainty, unit test conditions, test points, individual unit’s specific test date, unit’s next calibration due date, tester’s name and signature of the metrology manager.
Monnit – NIST Certified Wireless Temperature Sensors
- Lab-certified and include NIST certificate
- Accurate to +/- 1°C (1.8°F)
- 3, 10, 25, 50 and 100-foot external probe options
- Probe temperature range: -40°C to +125°C (-40° to 257°F)
- 1,200+ foot wireless range reaches through 12+ walls
- Free basic iMonnit® online sensor monitoring with text and email alerting is included
- Powered by a single CR2032 coin cell battery
- Average battery life is 2+ years (depending on reporting frequency)
- Powered by two standard 1.5-volt AA batteries
- Average battery life is 12+ years (depending on reporting frequency)
- Enclosure is weatherproof and is IP65, NEMA 4X and CE rated
- Average battery life is 7-10 years (depending on reporting frequency and environment)
- Powered by a single 3.6-volt battery which is industrial grade and replaceable
NIST-certified temperature sensors can be purchased directly from monnit.com. Monnit keeps a supply of tested and certified products on hand. However, if stock is low, certified-product orders may take 2–3 weeks to ship. Please contact us for more information on Monnit sensors, gateways and monitoring: (801) 561-5555 firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Monnit Corporation
Monnit is the industry-leading innovator in developing self-installed, cost-effective wireless sensor solutions for commercial and industrial markets. Enterprise and SMB customers use Monnit sensors to remotely monitor 70+ variables (including temperature, motion, humidity and vibration) and receive alerts based on user-defined conditions. Products are fully tested for use anywhere in the world; they are FCC, CE and IC compliant. Find your Monnit monitoring solution at monnit.com.