SALT LAKE CITY — October 30, 2019 — Monnit Corporation (monnit.com) today announced the release of a new cellular gateway to meet global demand for industrial-grade IoT devices. The ALTA® 4G LTE Industrial Cellular Gateway’s robust enclosure allows for IoT deployments in the harshest conditions where water and dust are threats. The gateway is based on a 4G LTE CAT-M1/NB1 wireless engine and uses a wireless access point network (WAN) to enable Monnit Wireless Sensors to operate on the world’s leading cellular networks.
“The ALTA 4G LTE Industrial Cellular Gateway offers the best-in-class security, the connectivity and the reliability that Monnit’s customers in diverse industries expect from our products,” said Brad Walters, CEO, Monnit. “Many of our customers operate in exacting conditions where IoT monitoring is mission critical. The gateway’s industrial enclosure increases deployment options and ensures continuous operation.”
ALTA 4G LTE Industrial Cellular Gateway features:
- Unmatched wireless range: gateway communicates with battery-powered sensors 1,200 ft + away (non-line-of-site through 12+ walls)
- Bank-level security: Encrypt-RF® (256-bit key exchange and AES-128 CBC)
- Uninterrupted data collection: onboard memory stores up to 50,000 sensor messages (data stored during internet outages is sent when connectivity is restored)
- Redundant power: AC main power with battery backup lasting up to 24 hours
- Future-proof software: over-the-air software upgrades included
- Superior scalability: supports up to 100 Monnit Wireless Sensors
- Broad compatibility: 4G LTE CAT-M1/NB1 (deployed bands: 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 20, 28)
- LTE-only module for global use: AT&T, T-Mobile USA, Telstra, Verizon
- Versatile SIM card compatibility: Micro-SIM (3FF) 15 mm x 12 mm x 0.76 mm
Monnit cellular gateways communicate with the iMonnit® (cloud or on-premise) monitoring software via cellular transmission, making them ideal for remote locations or those where internet is unavailable. The system aggregates sensor information and sends notifications via text or email if user-defined conditions are met or exceeded. Discover more about the ALTA 4G LTE Industrial Cellular Gateway here.
About Monnit Corporation
Monnit is the industry-leading innovator in developing self-installed, cost-effective wireless sensor solutions for commercial and industrial markets. Enterprise and SMB customers use Monnit sensors to remotely monitor 70+ variables (including temperature, motion, humidity and vibration) and receive alerts based on user-defined conditions. Products are fully tested for use anywhere in the world; they are FCC, CE and IC compliant. Find your Monnit monitoring solution at monnit.com.