The following steps will guide you through the process of hooking up the 0-20 mA wireless sensor to your device, and changing the sensor's information in the iMonnit Online Monitoring System.
Hooking up the 0-20 mA wireless sensor to your device.
Monnit provides a number of mounting options for its sensor technology. Screws and double-sided tape are included in each deployment kit, which should allow you to mount Monnit's hardware to most materials.
When hooking the 0-20 mA wireless sensor to your device please follow these instructions. For 2 wire sensor integration, connect the red wire from the Monnit sensor to the signal wire of your device, then connect the black wire to the ground. For 3 wire sensor integration, connect the red wire from the Monnit sensor to the signal wire of your device, then connect the black wire to the common ground.
Setting up your sensor application in the iMonnit Online Software.
• Log into your iMonnit online account.
• Select the 0-20 mA sensor you are working with from the sensor list. (You should see the data in milliamps as the default.)
• Click the "Calibrate" tab.
• From the calibration screen you can change the calibration of your sensor.
• The screen will show the last observed reading from the sensor.
• Enter the corrected value (what the reading should have been) in the "Actual Input" filed.
• Then click the "Calibrate" button.
• After clicking the calibrate button, click on the "Edit" tab to customize the unit of measurement for your sensor.
• Under the "Data Transormation" section, you can customize the format for your application.
• Set the custom application values for the low and high readings.
• Enter your custom application's measurable unit type in the "Label" field.
• When clicking on the "History" tab, you should now see the data in your custom format.