Sending sensors or gateways to Monnit for repair
Monnit offers repair services for products that do not function as intended. For products that are under the Monnit 1 year warranty, Monnit will cover a repair or replacement (with same or like and/or reconditioned or new product) if damage or misuse is not detected. Monnit also offers a paid repair service in which non-functioning products are returned to Monnit, diagnosed, and repaired for a fee. To initiate a repair, you can reach out to Monnit Support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the terms, you can visit Monnit’s Warranty Terms.
A printed RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) form provided by Monnit is required to be present in the shipment when received by Monnit. This form is generated after contacting email@example.com and a PDF is sent via email. The customer will need to print the form and include it with the shipment.
Return Address - The return address on the form is assumed to be correct as retrieved from the address from Monnit’s customer records. If this address is not correct on the form, the customer must reply to the email advising of the corrected address. A new form will be generated and resent. It is the responsibility of the customer to make sure the return address is correct on the form, otherwise return shipment may be delayed or delivered to the incorrect address.
If a sensor experiences an issue which falls under warranty within 1 year of the ship date of the products, and it has not experienced any damage or misuse, the device will be repaired under warranty covered by Monnit.
- If a warrantied issue is present after a period of 30 days of receiving the product, Monnit will perform a warranty repair and return the repaired product.
- If the product cannot be repaired under warranty, it may be replaced with reconditioned or new product at Monnit’s discretion.
- If the device cannot be repaired or replaced, Monnit may credit or refund the original purchase price.
If an issue occurs immediately upon receiving a device it is considered “failure out of box”, and may be eligible for replacement. If Monnit Support is petitioned regarding an issue within 30 days of shipment of the product, a replacement RMA can be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard procedure is to receive the non-functioning product, diagnose it at Monnit’s facility, and if a replacement is determined to be the necessary course of action, the replacement order is placed at that time.
Shipping of products to Monnit for repair or replacement is covered by the customer. Exceptions for this may be made if the issue is considered “failure out of box” and Monnit is petitioned for a repair/replacement within 30 days of shipment of the products. When shipping products to Monnit for repair, it is best to use a courier which provides a tracking number.
In the event that Monnit covers shipping to Monnit, a prepaid shipping label will be emailed to the email provided for the RMA. This is generally supplied by FedEx, though other couriers may be used.
Please ship the device back with original packaging.
The ship-to address for repairs of Monnit devices is listed below:
3400 S. West Temple
South Salt Lake, UT 84115
Diagnosis and repair is expected to be completed within 10 business days of receiving the device. While there are rare exceptions to this timeline, expectation of a completed repair is 10 business days.
Exceptions - there are exceptions to this timeline as listed below.
- Replacement - If a replacement device is requested by a technician, the order to build the device is generally initiated at the time the non-functioning device is received and diagnosed. As a result of build time, it may be longer than 10 business days prior to receiving the replacement device. However, the order for the replacement device should be created prior to the 10-business day Threshold.
- Engineering Review - If the issue needs to be reviewed by engineering, this can lead to a delay. This generally only occurs when there is an underlying issue which might affect the product build.
- Parts Availability - If your device repair requires parts which are not currently available from a supplier, there may be a delay in receiving the repaired/replaced device.
Unless the issue is explicitly related to an accessory (such as antennas or power supplies), Monnit recommends keeping any accessories which shipped with your device. If the device is being returned for a credit, accessories should be included.
Opening Industrial sensors
While opening an Industrial sensor enclosure does not explicitly void the warranty, issues can be caused if the sensor is opened and not properly sealed. This can cause complications in the warranty process. Monnit will (on occasion) advise to open an Industrial sensor or provide a replacement industrial 3.6 V battery. However, Monnit generally recommends against opening Industrial sensors.