In order for a Rule to be triggered by a sensor, the sensor must be assigned to the Rule’s Condition. Once the Rule’s Condition has an assigned sensor, the sensor can trigger the Rule. This can be overlooked, and it is possible to create a Rule that is not configured to be triggered by a sensor. This article will demonstrate how to confirm a Rule has a triggering device.
Summary of Steps
- Log into the iMonnit Online Portal with a user that has required permissions.
- Select Rules in the sidebar.
- Select the Rule you wish to edit.
- Select the Conditions tab (“path” icon) at the top of the page.
- In the Conditions “Available Sensors” pane, click the checkmark icon for the device you wish to trigger the Rule (the checkmark will be green for any enabled trigger sensors).
View Full Size
You may also want to subsequently review the Tasks tab (“checklist” icon) of the Rule to make sure the desired Users receive notifications. Feel free to contact email@example.com with related inquiries.