If you didn’t get a sensor Notification or alert and are unsure why this article provides you with the resources to determine the reason. Consider the article a checklist to examine possible reasons why a Notification didn’t appear in iMonnit and why an alert wasn’t sent to your phone.
Network and User Configurations
- Are Notifications or Alerts enabled for the Sensor Network?
- Are the User’s Notification Details configured to allow Notifications?
- Has the User opted out of Notifications?
If the User has opted out, the status in the Action History will show a message indicating this.
If yes, please contact email@example.com with the associated email address to request notifications be enabled.
- Are Actions paused for the specific sensor or paused at the time of the trigger event?
- Was the Action Active/Enabled at the time of the event?
- Was the Action armed at the time of the triggering event?
- Is there a sensor assigned to the trigger setting configured for the Action?
Actions - Adding Devices to Trigger an Action in iMonnit Online
Confirm that the sensor you expected to report the reading and trigger a notification is configured to do it.
- Is the trigger threshold configured for the correct value and scale?
- Is the trigger configured for the correct datum?
When configuring a trigger from a sensor that reports multiple datum types (such as a Humidity Sensor), Actions can be triggered by various threshold types (datums). If the correct datum is not selected, you will trigger the Action based on a different value than expected.
- Have you correctly configured the trigger threshold for the Action type (Sensor Reading vs. Advanced Notification)?
Actions - Adjusting the Trigger Threshold
A Sensor Reading can trigger an Action, or the sensor’s Aware State can trigger it.
- Have you configured a recipient?
- Is there a configured delay?
Notification (alert) Delay Function
If so, confirm the triggering condition persisted for the delayed time.
- Is there a schedule configured for the Action?
If using the Before and After schedule, be sure it is correctly configured.
- Are there System Actions configured which affected the notification behavior?
- Do you see the Alert Sent column show True for the specific reading if you export the sensor data?
For Sensor Reading Actions, has the sensor been triggering for more than 24 hours?
For Aware State (Advanced) Actions, has the sensor been in its Aware State for more than 48 hours?