Adding Sensors on the Local Interface
sensor, sensors, local interface, gateway,
Guide to adding sensors offline on the local interface
Description: The local interface is an alternative way to adjust settings on your gateway offline. Sensors must be registered to a gateway to be operable. The local interface is only accessible offline and on a desktop computer. If this is your first time setting up a gateway to access the local interface please review the article Gateway Local Interface Setup.
- Open a web browser and enter "192.168.100."
- Lights on your gateway will turn solid green when this connection has been established.
- Click the Wireless Network Configuration tab.
- The first section you’ll see is the Current Wireless Network Settings. This section will show you the Active Channel and Total Network Devices (Sensors) on your gateway.
- The next section is the Gateway Device List. You’ll see the total number of sensors on your gateway and which slots they are active in. Every sensor has a unique Device ID and has its slot.
- The final section is Add Device to Gateway. This is where you will add the information for your new sensor.
- Slot Index [1-512] – Your gateway has 512 slots available to assign a sensor to. Refer to the above table to see which slots already have sensors assigned to them. Enter a slot not already occupied by a sensor and continue to the next field.
- Device ID - The Device ID is a unique number located on each device label. It will be labeled as “ID” on your Monnit® sensor.
- Security Code - A security code will be all letters, no numbers. It can also be found on the barcode label of your Monnit® sensor.
- Click the “Add Sensor” button.
- Navigate up to the top right corner of the page and select the “Reboot” button.
- Your gateway will reboot. Your new sensor will be added to the list of devices.
You’ve added a sensor! Repeat the above steps any time you need to add another sensor in the future.