Default Server Configuration
local interface, gateway, server, ip,
Guide to making changes on the default server configuration.
Description: The gateway periodically reports directly to the server. Settings for where and how often the gateway contacts the server can be set offline in the local interface. The local interface is an offline utility only available on a desktop computer. Review Gateway Local Interface Setup if this is your first time using the local interface.
- Open a web browser and enter "192.168.100."
- Lights on your gateway will turn solid green when this connection has been established.
- Select the tab for Data Interfaces. The Default Server Configuration page will be active because it is the first option on the list.
- Going down the list of adjustable settings, you will see:
- Interface Active – This checkbox is selected by default. Deselect if you want to deactivate the interface.
- Heartbeat – This is a set interval when the gateway reports back to the server on the status of sensors registered to the unit. The default is five minutes.
- Poll Interval – Adjust the number of times the interface polls the TCP registers.
- Network List Interval – The number of minutes for a network list to be compiled.
- Primary Server [URL/IP] – The primary server the gateway is reporting to.
- Primary Server Port – Server Port the gateway is reporting to.
- Secondary Server [URL/IP] – Secondary server the gateway will report to if the primary server is not receiving data.
- Secondary Server Port – Secondary server port the gateway will report to if the primary server is not receiving data.
- Server Security Key – If your server has a security key, enter it here.
- Send on Aware – This checkbox is selected by default. Deselect if you do not want the gateway to report to the server on an aware state.
- Select the “Save Changes” button to save your adjusted settings.
- Navigate up to the top right corner of the page and select the “Reboot” button.
You’ve adjusted your server configuration. Repeat the above steps if you ever need to adjust server settings in the future.