Opening Ports in Windows for use with Gateway Application
open ports, blocked ports, ports
A description of gateway ports and how they need to be configured for accessing iMonnit and iMonnit Express.
Generally, the outbound ports used by the USB gateway to communicate with either your local computer or to the iMonnit Online Portal are already open by default. If your system has been specially configured to block all unexpected outbound ports you will need to create an exception for port 3000.
TO OPEN OUTBOUND:
- Open up windows firewall
- Click advanced settings
- Click outbound rules
- Click new rule
- Select port and then click next
- Select tcp and select specific local ports type in “3500, 3000-3001” click next
- Select allow connection then click next
- Make sure that the check boxes domain private and public are checked then click next
- Type in a name and then click finish the port is now open for use for outbound data.