In order for a Task to be triggered by a sensor, the sensor must be assigned to the Rule. Once the Rule is assigned, the condition can be triggered by the sensor. This can be overlooked, and it is possible to create a Rule that is not configured to be triggered by a sensor. This article will demonstrate how to confirm a Rule has a Condition triggering device.
Summary of Steps
- Log into the iMonnit Online Portal with a user that has required permissions.
- Select Rules in the main navigation menu.
- Select the Rule to which you wish to add the sensor as a triggering device to the Conditions.
- Select the Condition tab at the top on the sub-navigation menu (Path icon).
- In the Available Sensors/Gateways pane, select the checkmark icon for the device you wish to trigger the Task (the checkmark will be green for any enabled trigger sensors)
View Full Size