Salt Lake City, UT – March 13, 2014 – Monnit Corporation (www.monnit.com, a leading provider of wireless monitoring and sensing solutions for commercial and industrial clients) today announced the release of a much anticipated Serial MODBUS gateway update. Monnit Corporation manufactures and provides wireless sensors, gateways and back-end monitoring software for commercial, industrial and M2M applications. The update provides a host of new features and numerous enhancements requested by Monnit customers and partners.
The Monnit Serial MODBUS Gateway (SMG) acts as a data concentrator for Monnit wireless sensor networks. This device allows you to connect up to 100 wireless sensing devices, per gateway, to your existing serial MODBUS RS-232C and RS-485 sensing and control infrastructures.
The new version (3.0) of the Serial MODBUS Gateway includes all of the previous product features, plus these new enhancements:
- Simplified process for adding wireless devices to the gateway list.
- Simplified Coil and Register mapping for easier setup and use.
- Added remote upgrade capability to support future features and sensors.
- Updated software examples and documentation.
Previous Features of the Serial MODBUS Gateway:
- Works with Monnit 900, 868 and 433MHz Sensors
- Communicates with MODBUS RTU / ASCII Serial Protocols.
- Supports RS-232C / RS-485 Interfacing.
- Integrates into your existing backend monitoring systems.
- NEMA 4X / IP66 Rated Enclosure.
- RP SMA Antenna Connector (Antenna Included).
All Serial MODBUS Gateways ordered from March 13, 2014 and on, will be configured as version 3.0.
The Monnit Serial MODBUS Gateway allows for existing system integration with all Monnit wireless sensors, which were designed to detect and monitor functions that are critical to business, including; temperature, humidity, water, light, access, movement and much more.
The new Serial MODBUS gateway is available from Monnit at www.monnit.com as well as available in a completely brandable version available through Monnit.com/Partner/. For more information on the Monnit Serial MODBUS Gateway visit https://www.monnit.com/products/gateways/serial/modbus/.
About Monnit Corp.
Monnit is a leader in the design and manufacturing of turnkey, self-installing, low cost wireless sensor solutions targeted at the commercial, industrial and consumer markets. Monnit’s sensing solutions are designed to be easily installed and used by anyone wanting to remotely monitor information and activities around a variety of variables (i.e. temperature, motion, humidity, vibration, etc.) and receive alerts based on user defined conditions.