Monnit Releases Mine™, Internet of Things’ First Open Software Platform for Integrating Low Cost Sensors and Gateways
The Internet of Things is expected to offer advanced connectivity between devices, systems, and services that goes beyond general machine-to-machine communications (M2M) to cover a variety of protocols, domains, and applications. Monnit Mine enables true IoT functionality by enabling integration of Monnit wireless sensors networks with existing or custom software systems by providing a translation layer between the two.
“End-user interfaces to the Internet of Things will be through custom and diverse software applications. As such, industry-leading sensors need to communicate freely with those applications,” said Brad Walters, CEO, Monnit Corporation. “Decoupling the data from ‘the thing’ is essential to the exponential evolution of the Internet of Things. Monnit is the first to commercially decouple low cost monitoring of ‘things’ from the chains of proprietary data connections.”
Monnit Mine Features:
- Has API in standard programming languages for easy integration
(currently .Net / Java – other languages coming soon.)
- Can be setup and receiving data in just a few minutes
- Has fully functional sample application with source included
- Implements broad range of sensors and gateways into existing monitoring solution instead of having to implement one sensor at a time
- Brings true low cost hardware to existing monitoring infrastructure
- Provides worldwide hardware offering with single software implementation
- Maintains data security and integrity with strong encryption algorithms
- Offers licenses available for customer specific applications as well as partner packaged applications
Monnit Mine is designed to work with Monnit’s diverse set of more than 48 different wireless sensor types, wireless control and robust, reliable wireless gateways, which are available in commercial and industrial platforms. Monnit enables users to remotely monitor information and activities such as temperature, access, presence of water, light, humidity, vibration, movement and much more.
Monnit products are available to business partners as either Monnit-branded solutions for direct resale or as private-label products, allowing partners to sell the solution as their own.
For more information on Monnit Mine or becoming a Monnit Business Partner, call
About Monnit Corp.
Monnit is a leader in the design and manufacturing of turnkey, self-installing, low cost wireless sensor solutions targeted at the commercial and industrial markets. Monnit’s sensing solutions are easily installed and used by anyone wanting to remotely monitor information and activities around a variety of variables (i.e. temperature, motion, humidity, vibration, etc.) and receive alerts based on user defined conditions. Monnit products are fully tested, FCC, CE and IC compliant for use anywhere in the world. For more information, visit www.monnit.com.