New ALTA Industrial IoT Gateway Connects ALTA Sensors to Advanced Cellular Technology
Some industrial and remote environments need ruggedized wireless technology to stay connected and up and running. The new ALTA® Industrial IoT Gateway ensures ALTA Wireless Sensors can connect to your Internet of Things (IoT) network with the latest cellular technology.
The ALTA IoT Gateway showcases 4G Long-Term Evolution (LTE) Category M1 (CAT-M1) and NarrowBand-Internet of Things (NB-IoT) 2 (NB2) cellular technologies.
With this cellular platform, the ALTA IoT Gateway keeps your ALTA Wireless Sensors connected to the Internet in locations where cellular network connectivity is available and required. In addition to its wireless 4G LTE M1/NB2 cellular engine, the ALTA IoT Gateway’s key features include:
- Works in tandem with iMonnit cloud-based software to connect and configure ALTA Wireless Sensors.
- Protects, aggregates, and communicates data, so it’s available on-demand anytime, anywhere on a mobile device or desktop computer.
- Delivers the latest ALTA security encryption, long-range transmission, and radio frequency interference immunity for up to 1-mile (line-of-sight) and 1,200+ feet through 12+ walls (non-line-of-sight).
- Provides up to 60-hour battery backup in the event of a power outage.
- Stores up to 32,000 sensor messages in its memory if Internet connectivity is lost and sends the saved data to iMonnit once cellular service is restored.
- Ships with GPS hardware onboard. GPS service will be available in the future through a firmware update.