– WIT™ Brand of Wireless Sensors Monitor Temperature, Light, the Presence of Water and Items of Concern –
Kaysville, Utah – September 28, 2010 – Monnit Corporation (www.monnit.com) today announced the immediate availability of ten, low-cost wireless sensors designed for commercial or consumer applications.
The WIT™ brand of wireless sensors start at $30.00 per sensor and support a wide variety of applications. Some typical applications include: monitoring temperatures for large commercial coolers and freezers in grocery stores and convenience stores, detecting the presence of water near water heaters and toilets in residential homes and apartment buildings, detecting the presence of dogs and other animals in hotel rooms and rental properties or light exposure to high-value art in art galleries and other light sensitive materials.
Monnit’s new sensors include:
- WIT™ Wireless Temperature Sensor can be used to monitor temperature critical applications with timed, low and high threshold settings.
- WIT™ Wireless Water Sensor can be used to detect the presence of water or any non-combustible liquids.
- WIT™ Wireless Light Sensor measures the intensity of light present. Typical applications are night time walkways and parking lots, art preservation and energy conservation, including knowing if the lights of a facility have been left on.
- WIT™ Wireless Open/Closed Sensor detects whether a door or window is open or closed and can be used to monitor for building access.
- WIT™ Wireless ID Sensor can be used as a digital ID tag allowing you to track the contents of an object and whether or not it is on premises.
- WIT™ Wireless Magnetic Presence Sensor detects a magnetic source and can be used to determine machine RPM and position on a production line.
- WIT™ Wireless Activity Sensor detects sudden movement or non-movement of an object.
- WIT™ Wireless Accelerometer activates at set time intervals to measure the intensity and frequency of movement.
- WIT™ Wireless Button Sensor can be used to alert a person or group of people when the button is pressed. It includes an LED response indicator to confirm that the message was received by the system. Monnit provides a button sensor package with a local notifying unit. An application of the button sensor is the NotiFAC System which helps businesses provide better customer service by helping them monitor and maintain a safe and clean facility.
- WIT™ Wireless Placement Sensor aids in the placement of wireless sensors by verifying that the signal strength in a given location is adequate for a permanently placed sensor.
“What’s really exciting to us is the limitless possibilities and applications for our wireless sensors due to advancements in technology that have made them affordable to businesses and consumers alike,” said Brad Walters, CEO of Monnit Corporation. “Wireless sensors have become so cost effective and efficient that businesses can easily and efficiently monitor everything from simple activities down to the most critical business functions.”
Monnit’s wireless sensors are reliable, cost effective and easy to install. The sensors use a USB receiver at the computer level to transmit all of the sensor data to your choice of either the MonnitSphere™ online monitoring service or the Monnit Express standalone PC application. The sensor data is then checked against user defined settings and thresholds to determine if a notification should be sent to the user via email or SMS text message.
The announcement of these sensors is significant as Monnit launched in early September 2010 with the goal of announcing the availability of its first wireless sensors in Q3 2010. In addition to the sensors listed above, Monnit is developing additional wireless sensors and complimentary gateways scheduled to be available in Q1 and Q2 of 2011.
These sensors are available immediately by calling (801) 561-5555 or on the Web site, www.monnit.com.
About Monnit Corp.
Monnit is a leader in the design and manufacture of turnkey, self-installing, low cost wireless sensor solutions targeted at the commercial, industrial and consumer markets. Monnit’s sensing solutions are designed to be easily installed and used by anyone wanting to remotely monitor information and activities, including:, access, presence of water, luminosity, temperature, humidity, and vibration in or around structures, machinery, and various environments.
For more information, visit www.monnit.com or contact Monnit’s Sensors Marketing Team at (801) 561-5555.