Happy New Year from Monnit!
It’s an exciting time of year. As we just celebrated the holiday season and now look forward to the new year, we’d like to pause and thank you—our valued customers and partners.
Thank you for your continued loyalty all of these years. You and our employees are the reason for our growth, success, and momentum heading into Monnit’s 13th year. We look forward to the promising future of our leading Internet of Things (IoT) business.
Let’s recap the unprecedented product milestones we achieved in 2022 and give you a glimpse of what to expect from us in 2023.
We Strengthened Our Diverse IoT Sensing Solution Portfolio
Monnit launched the following products in 2022:
- ALTA® Motion+ Sensor—The classic triple threat that monitors motion, ambient temperature, and relative humidity in one flexible facility sensor.
- ALTA Sensor Adapter—An ideal gateway for standalone, mobile, or temporary IoT networks to send sensor data to iMonnit Software, such as iMonnit Express.
- ALTA IoT Gateway—An award-winner, our IoT Gateway features advanced cellular technology with 4G LTE CAT-M1/NB2 and global bands, 60-hour battery backup, and GPS data tracking.
- ALTA-ISX® Sensors—Three award-winning IECEx-certified sensors—the Temperature and Dry Contact Sensors and the 300 PSIG Pressure Meter—are intrinsically safe for use in hazardous industrial areas.
- ALTA Local Alert—Helps you avoid missing a critical alarm or notification from an ALTA Wireless Sensor with a flashing light and alarming tone.
- ALTA Site Survey Tool—Predict the TRUESIGNAL™ of ALTA Wireless Sensors before you install them. Available for rent or purchase, it’s an ideal tool to optimize your IoT network setup.
- ALTA Advanced Vibration Meter—A new version of the award-winning meter offers greater accuracy and less noise with enhanced features for predictive monitoring.
Plan on seeing us at more trade shows as we showcase our IoT portfolio and interact directly with people in key vertical markets. We’ll also build upon the optimism and success of 2022 with new, more versatile, and innovative IoT sensors and gateways. Add our new products to new services and partnerships, and we’ll make 2023 our strongest year. We look forward to helping you protect and grow your business.
Here’s to a prosperous 2023!
Founder & CEO
Go for Launch: New Gateways Deliver Extra-Long Range
Monnit will soon debut its new ALTA XL® product line with three new 1 Watt gateways. The new ALTA XL 1W Gateways offer a superior wireless range, featuring a powerful, extra-long wireless transceiver with 1 Watt (1,000 mW or 30 dBm) transmission power.
This means the new ALTA XL 1W Gateways can transmit through many more walls at greater distances than the standard ALTA Gateways.
In addition to the significantly increased wireless reach, the ALTA XL 1W IoT and Ethernet Gateways maintain their original feature sets. For the ALTA XL 1W Commercial and Industrial IoT Gateways, this includes the 4G LTE CAT-M1/NB2 cellular engine. The ALTA XL 1W Ethernet Gateway 4 allows you to connect your IoT network of up to 100 ALTA Wireless Sensors to the Internet without needing a PC.
So be on the lookout for the ALTA XL 1W IoT Gateways and the ALTA XL 1W Ethernet Gateway 4.
- The Christmas Box International Receives Gifts for Children from Monnit
- Monnit: Inside the IoT December 2022
- Monnit News Briefs - December 2022
- Game-Changing IoT Sensors in 2022 World Cup Soccer Balls
- New Version of ALTA® Advanced Vibration Meter Launches
Tech Tip: How to Create a Rule for a Sensor Reading in iMonnit
Do you want to be notified via text when your ALTA Sensor detects a threshold breach? Watch this short how-to video to create a Rule for a Monnit Sensor Reading in iMonnit. Rules are essential for IoT remote monitoring. Creating Rules in iMonnit will prompt instant alerts or notifications on your mobile device to help you actively monitor critical changes and the status of your IoT application.
In this video, you will see how to:
- Choose critical Condition thresholds and ranges that, when breached, will prompt a Task.
- Learn to Set up Tasks for iMonnit to take, like Send Email, Text, or Voice Call when a Rule’s Condition is met.
- Create the Task’s message and specify its recipients.
- Name and save the Rule for use with other Monnit Sensors.