Connect to Advanced Cellular Technology with the New ALTA IoT Gateway
With cellular network technology continually evolving, Monnit ensures your Internet of Things (IoT) network not only keeps up but it’s also ready for the future. The new ALTA® IoT Gateway showcases 4G Long-Term Evolution (LTE) Category M1 (CAT-M1) and NarrowBand-Internet of Things (NB-IoT) 2 (NB2) cellular technologies.
With this cellular platform, the ALTA IoT Gateway ensures your ALTA Wireless Sensors stay connected to the Internet in remote locations where cellular network connectivity is available. In addition to its wireless 4G LTE M1/NB2 cellular engine, the ALTA IoT Gateway’s key features include:
- Works in tandem with iMonnit cloud-based software to connect and configure ALTA Wireless Sensors and protect, aggregate, and communicate data, so it’s available on-demand anytime, anywhere on a mobile device.
- Delivers the latest ALTA security encryption, long-range transmission, and radio frequency interference immunity for up to 1-mile (line-of-sight), 1,200+ feet through 12+ walls (non-line-of-sight).
- Provides 24-hour battery backup in the event of a power outage.
- Stores up to 32,000 sensor messages in its memory if Internet connectivity is lost. Then it sends the saved data to iMonnit once cellular service is restored.
- Integrates easily into IoT applications or use cases with a wireless Internet connection or where IT infrastructure is dedicated to other resources.
Ready to know more?
Monnit Founder and CEO is an IoT Czar of the Year
IoTInnovator.com awarded Monnit Founder and CEO Brad Walters as 2021 IoT Czar of the Year. He’s among other Internet of Things (IoT) leaders working around the world to make a significant impact on business operations with the IoT.
The award winners also included IoT experts at Verizon Wireless, Intel, Microsoft, Accenture, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Boeing, MIT, Ericsson, Amazon Web Services, and FedEx.
Walters started Monnit before the beginning of the world’s latest industrial revolution or Industry 4.0. He also led companies in the embedded systems marketplace before it was named the IoT.
When recognizing the IoT Czars, Kim Kay, Editor-in-Chief of IoTInnovator.com, said, “That’s why we created the IoT Czar of the Year awards—to recognize the heroes behind the scenes who are guiding the execution of projects and pushing the thought leadership behind IoT.”
How Do You Monnit?
Yoga Studio Climate Condition Controls Stay Flexible With Automation
We asked, “How do you Monnit?” and David Dickson, Project Engineer of AIMNET Smart Building Systems, gave us the first amazing answer. In a unique case study, he shares his masterful work with YogaSol Hot Yoga and Hot HIIT Pilates Studio.
Dickson and his AIMNET team integrated Monnit Remote Monitoring Solutions into a system that automates the control and optimization of YogaSol’s studio climate conditions.
Jeanne Tang, YogaSol Managing Partner, says automation allows her and her instructors to manage the studio when they’re not there. According to class schedules, heat, humidity, and ventilation systems are programmed to come on and off. But if there is a change in a schedule, they still control and monitor the systems remotely.
“It is a quixotic notion to operate a hot yoga studio in Connecticut where the weather doesn’t cooperate for much of the year,” said Tang. “And oh, by the way, the studio has to be energy efficient and generate revenue. We could not run the studio and have any semblance of family life without it.”
Are you interested in telling your unique case study? Tell us How Do You Monnit?
02/22/2022 - 2021 IoT Czar of the Year Award
02/17/2022 - Monnit Encourages You to Be a Know-It-All
02/16/2022 - Monnit: Inside the IoT - February 2022
02/15/2022 - GEN1 3G Cellular Gateway End-of-Life
02/04/2022 - Keep HVAC Systems Running Efficiently 24/7
How to Use Text Override Values in iMonnit
You can customize Monnit ALTA Sensor text alerts, notifications, or messages in iMonnit. This feature—Text Override Values—can be configured in the Actions tab. Text Override Values allow you to enter text with a specific syntax into an Action or alert message. The new message replaces information from a triggering event. This will enable you to customize the Action text message to the recipient and include information specific to the triggering condition. This knowledgebase article explains how Text Override Values work—and what you’ll see and experience when you use them.
In this article, you will learn:
- What are Text Override Values in Actions?
- How Text Override Values Work
- Available Text Override Values
Stand Out at Monnit
Join our team of self-starters, go-getters, quota-crushers, problem-solvers, master builders, and much more. Come and build the exciting era of the Internet of Things (IoT) with us.
- Director of Sales
- Electrical Engineer / Developer
- Monnit Sales Representative
- Electrical Engineering Technician
- Senior Software Developer
- Sales and Business Administrator
- Web Designer / CSS Developer
See all of our current openings at monnit.com/careers/.