IoT Innovator Awards Monnit with Two Best of IoT Medals
Monnit was recently honored by IoT Innovator with awards in two categories for our work in transforming the IoT landscape in key industries. The judging panel for the prominent Internet of Things (IoT) news outlet’s annual awards named Monnit a Winner of:
- A Gold Best Product Award in the Best of IoT—Industrial category for our intrinsically safe, IECEx-certified ALTA-ISX® Sensors
- A Silver Best Product Award in the Best of IoT—Connected Medical and Healthcare category for our ALTA® Low Temperature Sensor
Kim Kay, editor-in-chief of IoT Innovator, said Monnit was selected first as a finalist and then as a winner of these two awards from “a staggering number” of IoT companies. “Our 2022 finalists and winners have displayed creative and operational ingenuity when it comes to connecting what sometimes seems like a disconnected world,” Kay said. “We applaud this year’s winners, who are not only making our lives easier but also changing our communities for the better.”
These are the second awards for the ALTA-ISX and ALTA Low Temperature Sensors in 2022. Read more about the sensors and how they help people in many industries.
Coming Soon: Monnit’s Switching Things Up
A New Industrial Sensor Power Switch
There’s a new feature for our Industrial ALTA Wireless Sensors. A waterproof membrane-label power button will soon replace the metal toggle power switch. The new easy-click, snap-dome button has a two-color LED indicator and is rated UV-stable for indoor and outdoor use. The LED indicator signals:
- Power and status—The device’s power state (on/off) and button state (pressed/not pressed)
- Communication viability—The LED will flash green once to show a button press. Then it will blink three more times when the sensor sends its latest reading to a gateway.
New Industrial IoT Gateway Power and Utility Switches
You’ll soon see two revisions to the operations of the ALTA Industrial IoT Gateway. We’re replacing the magnetic power cut-off switch with a full-featured on/off magnetic power switch. Here are the details:
- Before: You could only turn off the power when a magnet was present. This meant the battery would be on during shipping and storage.
- Now: You can turn the gateway on and off by touching a magnet to the contact label.
Another revised feature is changing the internal utility button to an easily accessible magnetic switch.
Deal Maker: Protect Facilities and Critical Assets from Water
Take advantage of a 15% discount when you buy the now even more robust ALTA Water Detect Plus Sensor.
- Limited to 25 units per customer
- Available while supplies last or through October 31, 2022
- Applies only to an overstock of AA and Industrial ALTA Water Detect Plus Sensors
- For new orders only and can’t be combined with other offers or discounts
- Product is NCNR (non-cancelable, non-returnable.)
Call your Monnit Sales Representative today at (801) 561-5555 and mention code WATER15 to take advantage of this exclusive, limited-time offer.
Don’t Miss Out On Sensor Alerts
If you’re a T-Mobile cell phone user and set up in iMonnit to get text alerts, you may not be getting all of them. It’s a problem with T-Mobile, but you and your monitored assets don’t have to suffer.
You can get on our dedicated text message delivery platform using Notification Credits to bypass this issue with T-Mobile. Upgrade during October to save 50% on every Notification Credit purchase.
- Monnit: Inside the IoT September 2022
- Monnit Wins Two 2022 IoT Innovator Awards
- Monnit Says Goodbye to the ALTA Advanced EDGE Gateway
- Remotely Monitor Gas, Liquid, and Vapor Line Pressure Nearly Anywhere
- Monnit News Briefs - September 2022
- Monnit: Inside the IoT August 2022
Tech Tip: How to Renew Your iMonnit Premiere Subscription
You might have noticed several changes if you didn’t renew your annual iMonnit Premiere subscription before its expiration. If so, your iMonnit subscription is now iMonnit Basic.
Have no worries, though. It’s easy to get the cloud-based sensor management and monitoring software back to iMonnit Premiere for you and other users associated with your account in just a few steps. You can do it all in your iMonnit account if you’re the administrator or primary contact.
This knowledgebase article outlines the steps to renew your iMonnit Premiere subscription. It will also describe what happens when you need to renew and the advanced sensor settings you can configure in iMonnit Premiere.